For our client, we have migrated a Prestashop online store from software version 1.5.4. * to version 1.7.6. *. In practice, the data of the store was migrated and the target shape of the store was a result of customization according to the customer’s requirements.
The migration was done manually due to errors reported by the One Click Upgrade module. The database models that differ between versions required the introduction of appropriate corrections to the structure in Prestashop 1.7.6. * And the accompanying changes in the pseudo ORM classes of the current software.
The purpose of data migration was to preserve content on partially recreated unique links for products with photos, categories, CMS subpages and BLOG subpages, as well as the customer database with a sales history while maintaining customer passwords. The store was launched with the free classic theme with appropriate modifications.
We also made the following visual and functional customizations:
– displaying photos of subcategories in the main menu and on the home page,
– an individual template of order reference number in a predefined format,
– dedicated payment method – deferred payment,
– separation of the buyer’s data from the shipping address in the customer panel, administrator,
– additional column in the product attributes table (for product combinations) handled by the administrator,
– modifications of the customer panel in the store administrator in the new Symfony / Twig architecture (AdminCustomerController -> CustomerController),
– VAT TIN validation in two formats,
– correction of the product combination generation algorithm,
– introducing the process of approving changes to the buyer’s data,
– information on individual terms of cooperation in the client’s panel,
If you are interested in a similar project, please contact us: email@example.com